Winner of two international Greener Festival Awards in 2009/2010, Sunset Events is dedicated to leading the way in sustainable event management. So naturally, Green Roots is back!
We’ll proudly be harvesting recyclables, educating punters and helping to make the event as eco-friendly as possible. Head to the Recycling Centre near the Park Stage and ask for an empty recycling bag, fill it with cans and bottles and earn yourself a warm soul and $5 Green Money to spend on festival merchandise, liquid refreshments or music store purchases.
All Blues ‘n’ Roots stallholders have joined the green crusade by committing to our Environmental Packaging Policy. This green initiative means all stallholders are encouraged to use biodegradable and compostable packaging, including all cups in the bar areas!
Other Green initiatives to keep WA’s own Music Lover’s Festival environmentally friendly include:
- $3 Optional Green Fee – paid by you to help offset your carbon footprint. Your valuable contribution also goes towards planting trees through Greening Australia
- Recycling stations throughout the site
- Off-site sorting of recyclable materials
- Free Eco Stalls for Environmental Groups
- Green Stamp Printing – all posters, flyers and programmes created are printed on 55% recycled paper and 45% oxygen-bleached paper by our Green Stamped printers
Get back to your Green Roots!